Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why should we respect people with pronouns "them/they", or "ze/zir"
I'm on a stupid internet argument with SJWs again who claim I'm transphobic for thinking it's a stupid concept.

I am not anti-trans or jack shit.  Feeling like you belong in a different gender is far more normal than going "lawl no gender is assigned to me time to make up a gender!"
It's just stupid.  The only arguments I got are very basic "cus dey FEELZ like dey not any gender"
If they didn't feel like a gender why are they so damn offended when they get called one?  You'd think "genderless" would mean gender applies to you so little you wouldn't care, not that it applies so much to you that you make up another gender.

Also, realtalk, how is it NOT privilege that these type of people can make up a gender used by like, 0.1% of the population of the world, and get "rightfully" offended when we don't use it?
SJW whine about white privilege, but how is pulling something straight out of your ass and getting pissed when people don't care, less than what people claim white privilege is?

just wanted to talk about this because my mindset has always been that gender very rarely matters, and wanted opinions of non-SJWs

edit
also obviously if you "prefer" to not be gendered but don't get offended when people call you what you look like you're fine it's very specifically the special snowflake offended assholes
[Image: 929bfaccc0e130bd8fdb925412a227f2.png]
I call you a he or a she based on your gender genitals.

I do not give two half arses about your gender identity.

If you have a dick, you're a he. If you've got a gaping hole, you're a she.
Yannic Wrote:I call you a he or a she based on your sex.

I do not give two half arses about your gender identity.

If you have a dick, you're a he. If you've got a gaping hole, you're a she.

FTFY

see I'd say there is merit in being a standard transgender person, I'm really not anti-trans at all, but certainly unique pronouns are autistic

I think towards the future.  Picture this - everybody in the future has gotten so much gender equality there is no discrimination against a man wearing a skirt, etc.
Where does gender identity go?  In a PERFECT, EQUAL society, only biological sex remains.

There is no gender.
Me thinking gender is retarded, even if I accept overall trans-gender now, is not a transphobic response - it is a purely proactive, advanced version of equality.
That is inevitable.
It doesn't matter much. We are having a huge problem in NC right now with laws that are oppressing transgender individuals but I think It's not too big of a deal. People seem to think that allowing transgender people to use the bathroom of the gender they identify with will lead to rape and shit but that's stupid. There's more of a chance that a man who identifies as a woman will get beat up in a men's restroom than that people will use this as an excuse to molest children and shit.

Doesn't bother me either way.
bitch i use the wrong pronoun for cisgendered people all the time
Nutsnbolts Wrote:It doesn't matter much. We are having a huge problem in NC right now with laws that are oppressing transgender individuals but I think It's not too big of a deal. People seem to think that allowing transgender people to use the bathroom of the gender they identify with will lead to rape and shit but that's stupid. There's more of a chance that a man who identifies as a woman will get beat up in a men's restroom than that people will use this as an excuse to molest children and shit.

Doesn't bother me either way.

Yeah but see that's entirely different from what I'm talking about anyways.  I'm for trans-gender, I'm specifically talking about trans-retard

unimp Wrote:bitch i use the wrong pronoun for cisgendered people all the time
[glow=red,2,300][shadow=red,left]TRIGGERED[/shadow][/glow]
Well I just don't ever know what to  call a trans person. Is a girl with a ween a he?
I don't want to disappoint you
Popcorn897 Wrote:Well I just don't ever know what to  call a trans person. Is a girl with a ween a he?

Yes.
<t></t>
Popcorn897 Wrote:Well I just don't ever know what to  call a trans person. Is a girl with a ween a he?

Don't worry they will repeatedly tell you if you get it wrong
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:

this
even if you get it right, it's wrong
SDC Wrote:
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:

this

IT'S NOT PRONOUNCED HER, ITS PRONOUNCED HEIR, IT'S SPELLED THE SAME BUT GET IT RIGHT PLEASE
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:
SDC Wrote:
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:

this

IT'S NOT PRONOUNCED HER, ITS PRONOUNCED HEIR, IT'S SPELLED THE SAME BUT GET IT RIGHT PLEASE

when it gets to something like this, I just don't care anymore
<t></t>
sometimes i call girls as he just to piss them off
[glow=yellow,2,300][shadow=yellow,left]"hhey could you callme by _____ pronouns?? thank" "WHAT TEH FUCK!! SJW!,!!I CALL YOU WHAT I WANT!! WHATS IN YOUR PANTS!!!!"

no offense but your guys are Idiots its so much Easier to be Nice than be a gaping asswhole[/shadow][/glow]
Ottercookies2 Wrote:[glow=yellow,2,300][shadow=yellow,left]

no offense but your guys are Idiots its so much Easier to be Nice than be a gaping asswhole[/shadow][/glow]

that's never been true. Being nice is the hard option, do you even play video games? being evil is so easy
Popcorn897 Wrote:
Ottercookies2 Wrote:[glow=yellow,2,300][shadow=yellow,left]

that's never been true. Being nice is the hard option, do you even play video games? being evil is so easy

[color=red][b][i][glow=yellow,2,300][shadow=yellow,left]yees i am Playeng Falleout New Veagas and If i coud Murder children I woueld Defintiely,,Be Evil
i think pronouns like them/they are fine, because 'they' in english suggests ambiguity. there are lots of people who are genuinely genderfluid or whatever, it's just that there are lots more people who like to think they are and give themselves dumbshit pronouns

rule of thumb:
if someone identifies as a girl, they're a she
if someone identifies as a boy, they're a he
if someone identifies as something not quite either, they're a they

they is also good when you're not sure what to call them :^)
<t></t>
[glow=red,2,300]bootin up phliosophy roundel[/glow]

I think the issue that makes it so hard to understand gender identity is primarily a semantic one. Its essentially the same issue people have with forming deep understandings of other constructs, especially when definitions traditionally held to be absolute are challenged. Its hard to have a debate about a construct when there isn't any consensus on what that construct even refers to, let alone what its structure and properties are.

For me though, the sensitiveness of the topic and the lack of any visible objective truth generally makes me apprehensive to post about it online.
Roundel Wrote:[glow=red,2,300]bootin up phliosophy roundel[/glow]

I think the issue that makes it so hard to understand gender identity is primarily a semantic one. Its essentially the same issue people have with forming deep understandings of other constructs, especially when definitions traditionally held to be absolute are challenged. Its hard to have a debate about a construct when there isn't any consensus on what that construct even refers to, let alone what its structure and properties are.

For me though, the sensitiveness of the topic and the lack of any visible objective truth generally makes me apprehensive to post about it online.

Everything changes too much. A new gender every minute.