Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what would happen if you attached a window AC unit to your computer
it's a stupid question i know but it's been in my head for a while now and this place is dead anyways so i thought i might as well

there is a window + AC unit right behind my desk and it's hella good at keeping my room cold so I've always wondered if it was possible to just hook that shit up to my PC and have a damn cool computer

has anyone thought of this before
[Image: 929bfaccc0e130bd8fdb925412a227f2.png]
Just put your computer in your fridge.
mustyoshi Wrote:Just put your computer in your fridge.

im serious
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:
mustyoshi Wrote:Just put your computer in your fridge.

im serious
So am I?
Just get big heat sinks, and decent fans.

An AC unit would probably be overkill.
mustyoshi Wrote:Just get big heat sinks, and decent fans.

An AC unit would probably be overkill.

Overkilll, but might actually cost less while providing more cooling considering I have a great AC unit literally a meter from my computer
hell if it works man, i'd never have to buy a cooling thing again yo

I don't even think condensation would be an issue, because isn't condensation hot air touching really cold stuff not the other way around?
Heatsinks are still important.
All the cold air in the world is useless if you have no surface area to transfer heat with.
well duh, but I could add airconditioning to my stock setup for the low low price of freee rather than upgrading a bunch of stuff that might technically not cool it down as good as just shoving my window unit's output into it
Pushing the cold air might be a bad idea as if you turn the AC off the computer would warm and condensation will form EVERYWHERE. Not worth it.
777-300ER Wrote:Pushing the cold air might be a bad idea as if you turn the AC off the computer would warm and condensation will form EVERYWHERE. Not worth it.

It's not like I expect the PC to go below room temperature - it's not like a nuclear-powered ultra cooling unit or something.  The PC components should all be creating heat still and thus eliminating the chance of condensation when you turn it off, added on to the fact air conditioning units generally remove humidity from the air.  It's not a very humid place here anyways.
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:
777-300ER Wrote:Pushing the cold air might be a bad idea as if you turn the AC off the computer would warm and condensation will form EVERYWHERE. Not worth it.

It's not like I expect the PC to go below room temperature - it's not like a nuclear-powered ultra cooling unit or something.  The PC components should all be creating heat still and thus eliminating the chance of condensation when you turn it off, added on to the fact air conditioning units generally remove humidity from the air.  It's not a very humid place here anyways.

Then go for it, but don't come bitching when it fries itself due to water accumulation.
777-300ER Wrote:
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:

Then go for it, but don't come bitching when it fries itself due to water accumulation.

Eh, it's not like I'm going to do it anytime soon.  Just toying around with a fascinating theory.
just buy some more case fans
you're a bloody fucking idiot
AC units cool by putting water into the air.

It's a bad idea to put water into your computer.

Don't cool your computer with an AC unit.
Yannic Wrote:AC units cool by putting water into the air.

This is obligatory.
[Image: 34mwVSG.gif]
iiboharz Wrote:
Yannic Wrote:AC units cool by putting water into the air.

This is obligatory.
-sanp=-

conductive heat transfer!