Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: Maxwell_Edisonnew TF2 update discussion
Adds alot of content, we should have a discussion topic on it

Personally, I hate this one part:
" Weapon exchange and pick up. Weapons dropped by killed players can no longer be picked up for ammo."

This is not only very odd for TF2, but will kill off the combat engineer in a big sorta way
I mean we all know gunslinger-widowmakers are annoying, but this will nerf them to hell and back.

http://www.teamfortress.com/gunmettle

Spy seems to have huge buff n the engineer basically has a nerf due to the metal thing. 
[Image: Rxemyqh.gif]
they're just changing things for the sake of changing it

way to break it further
/mu/sic Wrote:they're just changing things for the sake of changing it

way to break it further

Yeah I'm really not certain I like what they're doing either.  I dislike change for the sake of change.  I've not played around enough with the new stats to tell though.

But I know picking up dropped weapons is such a useless feature that nobody asked for.  What a waste of effort, if you really want to change weapons mid-battle just walk five feet to the nearest resupply cabinet.

Valve, I pray to Gaben you know what the fuck you're doing.

Edit:  Apparently with the new special guns you can even "examine" your weapons like CS:GO

Like, fuck off valve.  You hype us for a new update, and it's contents are full of features copy-pasted from CS:GO (literally the exact same feature in this case,) and motherfucking random-ass stat changes?

What the hell.  Is this some sort of prank?  It's not april fool's day, Valve.
They just fucking added skins and stattrack

you know why they would do this when you know that theyre releasing a competitive system soon
theyre taking the CS route with TF2
wait so you can pick up other dropped weapons?

i thought you meant they just removed the feature to pick up ammo from weapons completely lol.

it sounds interesting, we'll have to see how it plays out
You guys know what it means by having them add weapons skins right?

have you seen the activity spike in CSGO after they added skins?
It's also confirmed they're adding competitive. They're strafing to go as big as Dota and CSGO with TF2
Donnies Catch Wrote:You guys know what it means by having them add weapons skins right?

have you seen the activity spike in CSGO after they added skins?
It's also confirmed they're adding competitive. They're strafing to go as big as Dota and CSGO with TF2

did i say it was bad? no

i'm more interested in the actual weapon switch mechanic which i'm thinking will help round flow

maybe tf2 vanilla will stop being bad tf2's only worth seriously playing in the current state it's in for mods like saxton hale versus anyway
I only played it for MvM
Ugh, if Valve is aiming to make TF2 into some competetive, 'ooh look fancy weapon skins CS:GO ripoff, I hope it still retains the community attitude.

If the mythical conga line becomes extinct because hoards of CS:GO players start wanting to be pro TF2 players or something I'm going to die
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:If the mythical conga line becomes extinct because hoards of CS:GO players start wanting to be pro TF2 players or something I'm going to die

The thought of these people being as aggressively competitive with TF2 as they are in CS is actually pretty funny
I don't want to disappoint you
Do remember that casual is a thing, and you're not forced to play competitive.
Also all kinds of crazy shit happens in CSGO competitive
Look up Stratroulette
Popcorn897 Wrote:
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:If the mythical conga line becomes extinct because hoards of CS:GO players start wanting to be pro TF2 players or something I'm going to die

The thought of these people being as aggressively competitive with TF2 as they are in CS is actually pretty funny

Funny indeed.  Though I'm hoping the original lighthearted players stay and my favorite servers just kick weird try-hards rather than letting them force-takeover the servers.

At the end of the day, team fortress 2 was never intended to be a serious game, in any way really.  Competitive, sure, but serious?  No.  Whatever valve does, they damn well better make sure there's still the pre-game conga, friendly players in tutus, and all the other amazing, TF2-unique things.

Valve is Valve and Valve works in mysterious ways.  I'm sure they'll find some odd compromise in the end.
(But screw these random stat changes, they needed to be more gradual so we didn't get thrown head-first into unknown territory)

Donnies Catch Wrote:
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:
Do remember that casual is a thing, and you're not forced to play competitive.
Also all kinds of crazy shit happens in CSGO competitive
Look up Stratroulette

Still, I don't fancy having CSGO community in TF2.  Just not my cup of tea.  Plus, weird CSGO-like updates, like picking up weapons and weird strat-track things while not gamebreaking, aren't something that will be limited to the competitive modes, and I don't want to see more steps in that direction.

Stratroulette seems like an interesting thing, though in TF2 you never really had to rely on things like, dear lord a competent team, and outside sources to be pretty much guaranteed you'll see something stupid, funny, and ridiculous - which is one of the things that made TF2 quite unique
tf2 competitive will be shit because of pay 2 win

cs:go might have colory guns, but tf2 is just selling "get better" packages
they're preparing for matchmaking and shit
some people already have beta tickets to try it
My friend and I have always kind of liked TF2, and he even won a 100 EUR golden rocketlauncher from just playing MvM with me (!!). He's really busy with Terraria this week, but I texted him:

"Dude check this out real quick"
"http://www.teamfortress.com/gunmettle"
30 minutes later
>"oh no"
>"[sup][sup]its time grind[/sup][/sup]"
Gonna be playing some today to see how the stat changes really effect the gameplay, will b post results
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:Gonna be playing some today to see how the stat changes really effect the gameplay, will b post results

get on skype fagget
after playing for an hour, pretty much everything that was bullshit is still bullshit, everything that was okay is still okay, nothing has really changed

p weak update tbh, some of the changes are decent though I guess.  Buffs on big earner, scorch shot etc make lesser used weapons actually good.