Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: xXxCGMxXxindie shit thread
post your favorite indie games and suggestions
Enter the gungeon is really well made and is the only roguelike that's kept my interest for more than like a few days. FTL is also good.

Blacktop is a great free indie game in development as well!
I don't want to disappoint you
TIS-100 is the best game ever made other than the copy of it i'm currently writing
Roundel Wrote:TIS-100 is the best game ever made other than the copy of it i'm currently writing
I know I'm retarded, but I only made it to the sequence peak detector and couldn't pass that. I'm fine with learning syntax and stuff, but I just don't know the techniques needed to beat levels like that.
Popcorn897 Wrote:
Roundel Wrote:TIS-100 is the best game ever made other than the copy of it i'm currently writing
I know I'm retarded, but I only made it to the sequence peak detector and couldn't pass that. I'm fine with learning syntax and stuff, but I just don't know the techniques needed to beat levels like that.
the point is finding the techniques!
the TIS-100 assembly isn't a ton like real assemblies, so knowing assemblies doesn't really help. You just gotta step back and think about the problem, write out some plans & designs, etc. What made the game a lot easier for me was designing "helper" programs, like this one you can put to the right of something and use as a second register (like the accumulator). To use it just give it a 0 and then give it another number and it'll store the other number, then whenever you give it a 1 it'll send that other number back, until you send another 0, then it'll store the new number you give it.  ;D

##SECOND REGISTER
_:MOV LEFT, ACC
JGZ W

#IN (0, THEN DATA)
MOV LEFT, ACC
SAV
MOV 0, ACC
JMP _

#OUT (1, THEN MOV)
W: SWP
SAV
MOV ACC, LEFT
Roundel Wrote:
Popcorn897 Wrote:
the point is finding the techniques!
the TIS-100 assembly isn't a ton like real assemblies, so knowing assemblies doesn't really help. You just gotta step back and think about the problem, write out some plans & designs, etc. What made the game a lot easier for me was designing "helper" programs, like this one you can put to the right of something and use as a second register (like the accumulator). To use it just give it a 0 and then give it another number and it'll store the other number, then whenever you give it a 1 it'll send that other number back, until you send another 0, then it'll store the new number you give it.  ;D
I know, but my brain just isn't built for that kind of logic and thinking. I know because I was learning programming for a long time and it was so much slower of a learning process for me than the people around me. Once I understood, I could do it fine, but I had to be taught step by step before it caught on. Youtube tutorials and online tools couldn't teach me because I couldn't teach myself. The same thing applies in TIS-100. I can't create these systems in my head even with hours and hours of thinking and planning solutions because I just don't work that way. Nothing ever clicks and my solutions always fail because I try to do it based on previous experience solving totally different problems. :/

love the game though. the feeling it gives you when you are working out the solutions and putting them together is pretty awesome
[glow=yellow,2,300][shadow=yellow,left] my farvorite is knytt stories but i Also llove lisa the painful and OFF and yume nikki as well[/shadow][/glow]
binding of isaac (and rebirth)
ftl
crawl (check it out if you haven't already)
dungeons of dredmor (gr8)
botanicula (glorious)
gang beasts
anything by behemoth
king arthur's gold (fun af)
luftrausers (????????????????)
skullgirls (so pretty)
nidhogg (so fucking polished and fun)

i played nidhogg with my uncle who teaches swordfighting for a living

[Image: fvduqq.png]

would do again
<t></t>