Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: Dartzdo u know what its like
directed mainly towards mustyoshi and Roundel, two of my closest friends on here who I don't talk to as much as I should. but everyone can appreciate so i'm postin this publicly

do u know what its like
a poem by dartz, 5:33 am

do u know what its like to run a failing business?
to watch ur hopes and dreams die before you a pixel at a time on this fucking Dell monitor
to realize the irreparable mistake you made dropping out of college?
to face the cold truth that maybe I'm not that fucking special and am the same as everyone else?

do u know what its like to work 105 hours a week? (as per my last paycheck)
to fall into the monotonous 9-5am working lifestyle that u swore you'd never be a victim to?
to be deathly afraid of your coworkers because you fear they're who you're going to turn into in 10 years?
to face the fact that you're wasting the best years of your life in a standstill job

do u know what its like to fight addiction?
to see all of your friends throw their lives away on something that's "just a plant, bro"
to where your only release is that little tab that will give you a 15 hour escape from reality?
to smoke a pack then throw it away when it's half finished only to go out and buy another the next morning?

do u know what it's like to lose ambition?
to look at a Sublime Text page and not even know what the fuck this PHP code was you wrote two years ago?
to watch these "normies" (for lack of a better word) you soared above previously surpass you in life?
to be deathly afraid of the depression that ate 4 years of your high school life returning?

it's hell, bro
it's hell
hell
tl;dr
[Image: Rxemyqh.gif]
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:tl;dr

drugs, depression, failures, monotony of life.
Dartz Wrote:it's hell, bro
it's hell
I don't want to disappoint you
The beautiful tree
Creates patterns of being
Splicing Earth and sky

That's a haiku i wrote. You can take it literally but I intended for it to be about the cycle of life.

wash over my shores
waves of euphoria
with perfect rhythm
that has graced my synapses before
a pristine setting
my mind squirms
oh how I've grown to adore
your pulsing presence
pulsing through my veins
nearly every second

This is one I wrote after the first time I IVed heroin.
Nutsnbolts Wrote:The beautiful tree
Splicing Earth and sky

That's a haiku i wrote. You can take it literally but I intended for it to be about the cycle of life.
I think I've read this before. You posted it in a haiku thread on old IN iirc.
I don't want to disappoint you
Popcorn897 Wrote:
Splicing Earth and sky

I think I've read this before. You posted it in a haiku thread on old IN iirc.
Yeah, I really like it. I probably also posted the other.
I just realized part of your poem was about addiction and I just posted one about shooting up heroin. Sorry, lmao.
Babe :(

Are you still a pizza driver?
Nutsnbolts Wrote:I just realized part of your poem was about addiction and I just posted one about shooting up heroin. Sorry, lmao.

O U C H
[Image: Rxemyqh.gif]
very nice i like it and also it is relatable you should check out my short story but i dont wanna post it cause its too revealing and i aint in2 [email protected] but i agree with ur sentiment and also normies are shit thats what makes the internet so good

working 9 to 5 sorta sucks but also sorta doesn't suck, i think i'm better off without free time for a few reasons:
1. i dont feel like i'm wasting my life even though in the long run this job isn't much better than doing nothing
2. it forces me to sleep and eat like a normal person, and also not do drugs for 3 days straight mid-week etc
3. i cherish the free time that i do have a lot more, and feel more motivated doing it
4. being sober, awake during the day, and have references for time passing makes time seem slower, which means i won't die as apparently soon
5. guapo/cashola/greenbacks/paper/staxx/cold-hards/benjamins
Splicing Earth and sky

wash over my shores
waves of euphoria
with perfect rhythm
that has graced my synapses before
a pristine setting
my mind squirms
oh how I've grown to adore
your pulsing presence
pulsing through my veins
nearly every second

This is one I wrote after the first time I IVed heroin.

10/10
is this a bernie sanders advertisement
xXxCGMxXx Wrote:is this a bernie sanders advertisement

freel the burn
lol nice bro i sit at home drawing to make pocket cash, most of my income comes from welfare. i applied to an art academy and got accepted but they dropped the ball on me when they later told me they're full so i have to sit on a waitlist. its great because i now only sit at home and as an extroverted person its killing me that i just lost my social life because of it.
not to mention this shit happened right when i got out of depression and guess who's going back in. that drug habit is back again and im afraid that alcohol abuse will return soon too.

but u know

art gets what it wants and art gets what it deserves
i chose my life as it is and if itll kill me then at least i worked towards my ambitions to the best of my abilities