Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: YannicWho wants to Pre Alpha test Blacktop?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yesus8sst7ss07...5.rar?dl=0

smoothed camera build:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfghe02362k09c...5.rar?dl=0

Controls, other than mentioned in the launch dialog screen:

Change Time of Day: P
Reset Scene: Enter

Drive through the car was to wash your car, don't fall off the map.

Please give feedback.
will test

[/hr]

Why does the graphics setting have a "level 6"

This is actually genuinely a good videogame start.  Do continue.

Bugs:
-Resetting scene put my wheels into the ground and didn't work
[Image: 929bfaccc0e130bd8fdb925412a227f2.png]
Level 6 is a test, doesn't do much different. All the graphics settings will go out the window eventually though, I'll code my own settings.

And pic of bug pls :O
stabilize the camera

PLEASE
unimp Wrote:stabilize the camera

PLEASE

I tried EVERYTHING

You have no idea how hard cameras are.

What are you most bugged by? To me the camera feels smooth, but I can see others aren't too happy about it.
Yannic Wrote:

PLEASE

I tried EVERYTHING

What are you most bugged by? To me the camera feels smooth, but I can see others aren't too happy about it.
that the camera moves with every little bump of the car
I have really no idea why the front wheels sometimes disappear.
I'll have to look into that. It only happens in the standalone build.

unimp Wrote:
Yannic Wrote:

PLEASE

I tried EVERYTHING

that the camera moves with every little bump of the car
Try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfghe02362k09c...5.rar?dl=0

I've quadrupled the vertical smoothing factor, and it should be less affected by road bumps now.

How does it feel?
Yannic Wrote:Level 6 is a test, doesn't do much different. All the graphics settings will go out the window eventually though, I'll code my own settings.

bug seemed to be one-off, can't replicate it

also camera seems fine 2 me but probably would be annoying if rocky terrain is ever used
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:
Yannic Wrote:Level 6 is a test, doesn't do much different. All the graphics settings will go out the window eventually though, I'll code my own settings.

bug seemed to be one-off, can't replicate it

also camera seems fine 2 me but probably would be annoying if rocky terrain is ever used

I fixed the wheels. There was an infinite value creeping into some Vector3s, messing with rotations.

Also I don't know, we'll have to see how the camera holds up.
just played, thoughts:
- this game's graphics look so much like roblox its crazy
- really impressed! crazy good game you got goin on
- please convert your commie units (km/h) to mph for us american folk, or have a setting for it or something
- thats a rly nice road was it inspired by anything? was it difficult to create?
- i like the actual driving/turning physics, i don't know if there's anything there that you actually personally did or if it's just unity doing all the work but i can still have fun with the car without going off the road 24/7 like other racing games
- pls let me link you a road on google maps and have you recreate it :3
- do you have drivetrains coded in this? like fwd or rwd?
- manual shifting plz
<t></t>
If you want to test the destruction in this game without driving up the mountain, go around the part of the terrain that is unfinished, and ram yourself through the invisible side of the mountain.  Your car will be fucked beyond belief, depending on how the physics reacts.

10/10 would smash again
dartzFORGOTPASSWORD Wrote:just played, thoughts:
- this game's graphics look so much like roblox its crazy
- really impressed! crazy good game you got goin on
Lol yes!
It's a thing I've noticed with other people who come out of Roblox and start making their own games. Unturned is just like it.

And thank you :D

dartzFORGOTPASSWORD Wrote:- please convert your commie units (km/h) to mph for us american folk, or have a setting for it or something
Ya'll damn muricans. I will, lol.

dartzFORGOTPASSWORD Wrote:- thats a rly nice road was it inspired by anything? was it difficult to create?
Pike's Peak, actually. And well, yeah. I took a while before I got the hang of building roads. I'm still at a loss on how I'm going to go about building intersections, though.

dartzFORGOTPASSWORD Wrote:- i like the actual driving/turning physics, i don't know if there's anything there that you actually personally did or if it's just unity doing all the work but i can still have fun with the car without going off the road 24/7 like other racing games
Alllll custom made. Unity's builtin car/wheel physics fucking suck.

dartzFORGOTPASSWORD Wrote:- pls let me link you a road on google maps and have you recreate it :3
Inspiration is always welcome.

dartzFORGOTPASSWORD Wrote:- do you have drivetrains coded in this? like fwd or rwd?
Yes. I've got three types of drivetrain all working. RWD (which this car was), FWD, and 4WD.

It's funny because driving a FWD car is actually different from driving a RWD car. It handles much better.
4WD wins from everything, of course, although with 1970s technology I'll probably limit it to Rally and Offroad cars only.

dartzFORGOTPASSWORD Wrote:- manual shifting plz
I'll have to code it blowing up your engine first, but yeah that can be done, and I do think I'll add it.

Probably even with your shift time being less the closer you get to the redzone. Like 1000 rpm before redzone = normal, 500 before = medium fast, 250 before = medium fast, 100 before = virtually no shift time. Redline = slow shift.
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:If you want to test the destruction in this game without driving up the mountain, go around the part of the terrain that is unfinished, and ram yourself through the invisible side of the mountain.  Your car will be fucked beyond belief, depending on how the physics reacts.

10/10 would smash again

Or press Backspace. ;)
Yannic Wrote:
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:If you want to test the destruction in this game without driving up the mountain, go around the part of the terrain that is unfinished, and ram yourself through the invisible side of the mountain.  Your car will be fucked beyond belief, depending on how the physics reacts.

10/10 would smash again

Or press Backspace. ;)

But where's the fun in that?

Other than the fact it makes you fly, of course