Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I just made a calendar for my world.
Gaia Palatina Calendar:

[img width=600]http://i.imgur.com/HoQc66F.png[/img]

Gaia Palatina, the planet where the King resides, and the planet from which the Palatina empire came into existence.

A week has 6 days, two of which are the weekend, the other four are normal working days.
Each day also has 25 hours. A year has 247 days. Every Gaia Palatina year, 257.29 Earth days pass.

There are 13 months, 12 with 20 days, and one with 7 days.
The 13th month is basically one big party month, culminating on Día Ultima, after which the Gaia Palatinians step into the new year.

The names are based on the Spanish names for months and weeks, with bits of tweaks to account for the years that have passed since today. I also got rid of Wednesday.

Questions are g.
Did you check out Glitch Hikers when I told you it made me think of your game?
This ain't for my game though. This if for an unrelated book that does share the same universe, albeit a couple of thousand years in the future.

I've played Glitchhikers. It was weird and nothing really happened. :(
Yannic Wrote:This ain't for my game though. This if for an unrelated book that does share the same universe, albeit a couple of thousand years in the future.

Look on your right next time you drive past someone. Nothing happens until you do that
Donnies Catch Wrote:
Yannic Wrote:This ain't for my game though. This if for an unrelated book that does share the same universe, albeit a couple of thousand years in the future.

Look on your right next time you drive past someone. Nothing happens until you do that
Does it become super epic?
Yannic Wrote:
Donnies Catch Wrote:

Does it become super epic?
It's very interesting. More of an artsy makes-you-think game which I love.
are the months based on lunar cycles?
Roundel Wrote:are the months based on lunar cycles?

Good question.

No.

The months are based purely on the simplicity of arranging a 247 day/year like this.

To be completely honest, I haven't put any thought to the moons of Gaia Palatina yet, but no, the calendar isn't based off of the moons :o
You should make a numeral system