Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: JulianRaspberry Pi Zero
a raspberry pi zero cost $5 (not including shiz) so if you are not going for gaming or windows; you just want to do office work or browse the web or watch youtube, it's perfect

oh, and it's very power efficient (240mA), so if you are in an environment where you can not use that much power, this is good for you.
get two of these, one for handling media and one for streaming, and it can actually make a decent, extremely cheap home media center
why are the other raspberry pi products more expensive? whats the difference
Roundel Wrote:why are the other raspberry pi products more expensive? whats the difference
raspberry pi 3 is more powerful (4cores 64bit)... but uses more mA
raspberry pi zero has only three ports (mini hdmi, micro-usb (power-only), micro-usb (power+data)) and no pre-soldered gpio or composite... useful if you are going to save mA/space... you need adapters and hubs if you want to connect to full-size hdmi or full-size usb
raspberry pi 1 model a+ has a bit more ports, fullsize hdmi, composite, audio, and pre-soldered gpio
raspberry pi 1 model b+ has an integrated usb hub and fast ethernet
i've always thought about getting one of those.  It amazes me that the shitty, full size computer my parents are using that can barely play youtube would be matched by a super cheap little device like that
[Image: 929bfaccc0e130bd8fdb925412a227f2.png]
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:i've always thought about getting one of those.  It amazes me that the shitty, full size computer my parents are using that can barely play youtube would be matched by a super cheap little device like that
which is probably because it's being overloaded by malware/adware/preinstalled crap and the pi can use like 95% of its power because it runs on linux
unimp Wrote:
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:i've always thought about getting one of those.  It amazes me that the shitty, full size computer my parents are using that can barely play youtube would be matched by a super cheap little device like that
which is probably because it's being overloaded by malware/adware/preinstalled crap and the pi can use like 95% of its power because it runs on linux

this is true yes, though i do occasionally virus scan it for them and it's not that bad, but i mean it was a vista and that's basically malware itself
their new cheapo laptop isn't much better though
[Image: 929bfaccc0e130bd8fdb925412a227f2.png]
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:
unimp Wrote:

this is true yes, though i do occasionally virus scan it for them and it's not that bad, but i mean it was a vista and that's basically malware itself
always a fresh win7 install + everything needed from ninite for a prebuilt
unimp Wrote:
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:
unimp Wrote:

always a fresh win7 install + everything needed from ninite for a prebuilt

ninite is the bomb  ;)
<t></t>
Raspberry Pi??? More like wannabe Linux
<t></t>
TheAceMario Wrote:Raspberry Pi??? More like wannabe Linux

lmao what?? Raspberry Pi is a tiny computer, you can run Linux on it you nerd.
I don't want to disappoint you
TheAceMario Wrote:Raspberry Pi??? More like wannabe Linux

you're more retarded than me
<t></t>