Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: Maxwell_Edisonhelp me pick out computer parts
okay so as you know from my "jackpot" thread i've got a bunch of decent parts
I'm not used to shopping upper-end and with the new gpus coming out I'm really out of the loop, i was like thinking of getting a 480 but obviously i feel like that might be a waste considering im getting higher end other parts maybe i need a higher end GPU

Current parts I own:
  • X99-A Motherboard
  • Rosewill LIGHTNING 1000w PSU
  • Intel i7-5820K

What I need:
-Case
-RAM (8gb probably)
-HDD, maybe an SSD if their prices have come down (at the very least like, a 1tb HDD, I probably can't afford a large SSD for gaming.)
-CPU cooler, I don't give a damn about overclocking but like this didn't come with a cooler so i can go for a decent one
-Graphics card (was thinking 480 but maybe something more powerful so long as it has value)

just because i'm pairing it with the fancy i7 and shit doesn't mean I don't want value still, I'm not looking to spend large money for minimal differences so keep on budget, but yeah if any of you can suggest parts I'd love that because I am really out of the parts loop atm

edit:
sdcock wanted pcpartpicker list so here u go
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/WiseWoodrow/saved/nQwMnQ
[Image: Rxemyqh.gif]
yes also help me: i have a job now so i can buy a computer, but i know nothing about consumer electronics, only about how they work
$22/hr
RX480?  If money is an issue, it'll be a perfect GPU for you.
16GB RAM is pretty much the new standard.  Make sure you get RAM that is able to equip the XMP profile.  XMP = eXtreme Memory Profile.  This allows your mobo to automatically change your RAM clock speed, so your CPU overclock is isn't clashing with it.  Wrong RAM clock speeds can actually inhibit a CPU overclock.

Anyways, just make sure your CPU gets overclocked. It's unlocked for a reason.  I reccomend a Corsair H80i GT.  Keeps my i5-4690K cool at 4.6GHz / 1.31v. 
<t></t>
chase spewing bullshit again
unimp Wrote:chase spewing bullshit again
I get that we like to hate chase, but why do it when he's legit trying to help and not being a shitposter?
I don't want to disappoint you
Popcorn897 Wrote:
I get that we like to hate chase, but why do it when he's legit trying to help and not being a shitposter?
dude u can't just tell uni of all people to stop being poisonous, thats like his whole 'thing'. its what we love him for
Popcorn897 Wrote:
now if he'd actually help...

8gb is more than enough, and XMP is just a bunch of profiles to select. RAM bottlenecks on CPU ocing have been gone for ages too.

plus he's acting like you NEED to overclock a 6 core i7 just because it's a -K version.
32GB ram is the new standard guys
unimp Wrote:
Popcorn897 Wrote:
now if he'd actually help...

8gb is more than enough, and XMP is just a bunch of profiles to select. RAM bottlenecks on CPU ocing have been gone for ages too.

plus he's acting like you NEED to overclock a 6 core i7 just because it's a -K version.

When you have a computer that is this elite, why not have 16GB.  It's going to become the industry standard.  Very soon.

Plus, what you said is not true at all. 

[Image: HRW-SC2.jpg]
<t></t>
sdcore was helping me pick parts since IN was down and im likely going with a lot of his suggestions

likely getting a 390 since it's a bit more powerful, and not too much more expensive, and i dont want to waste my sexy i7 with such a budgety gpu like a 480
guys im going to buy a computer: i dont really play games so i dont need the latest graphical mumbo jumbo

what do u think i should get for under 1000 canada doller
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:sdcore was helping me pick parts since IN was down and im likely going with a lot of his suggestions

likely getting a 390 since it's a bit more powerful, and not too much more expensive, and i dont want to waste my sexy i7 with such a budgety gpu like a 480

Are you retarded? A 480 outperforms a 390 for $50 less...
<t></t>
chasE^acL Wrote:
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:sdcore was helping me pick parts since IN was down and im likely going with a lot of his suggestions

480 has a shit ton of problems, even after amd addressed the problems with a driver update
chasE^acL Wrote:

You mean, the 200$ less VRam version

if you're getting the higher vram they're the exact same price and from what i've heard you're full of shit and the 390 is roughly the same or slightly better

[/hr]

look at this
is this a good deal
i might buy it rn incase sale goes off

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6820104484
roundel ram
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:
chasE^acL Wrote:

if you're getting the higher vram they're the exact same price and from what i've heard you're full of shit and the 390 is roughly the same or slightly better

[/hr]

look at this
is this a good deal

Not at all.  You are extremely undereducated on this.  VRAM will have no effect on how powerful a card truly is...  It will limit you when playing 4K, but that's about it.  1440p Max Settings is fine on 4GB.  8GB is truly overkill, yet may come in handy in the foreseeable future.  Yet, I believe that the card will be overpowered by other cards by the time the full 8GB is utilized. 

Oh, and even if you think I truly am wrong, there have already been cases of people flashing the 480 8GB BIOS onto the 4GB version.  AMD saved money by not producing serperate smaller VRAM chips, so, in a sense, some 4GB models are all 8GB ones.  They are only limited by a BIOS.

I strongly advise you to go with a 480, newer technology, lower power, more overclocking headroom, and an all around more advanced card.  If you see a 390 for under $180, then yeah, grab it.
<t></t>
ok guys i just bought a computer this is what its made of:

Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card
chasE^acL Wrote:
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:
chasE^acL Wrote:

[/hr]

look at this
is this a good deal

Not at all.  You are extremely undereducated on this.  VRAM will have no effect on how powerful a card truly is...  It will limit you when playing 4K, but that's about it.  1440p Max Settings is fine on 4GB.  8GB is truly overkill, yet may come in handy in the foreseeable future.  Yet, I believe that the card will be overpowered by other cards by the time the full 8GB is utilized. 

Oh, and even if you think I truly am wrong, there have already been cases of people flashing the 480 8GB BIOS onto the 4GB version.  AMD saved money by not producing serperate smaller VRAM chips, so, in a sense, some 4GB models are all 8GB ones.  They are only limited by a BIOS.

I strongly advise you to go with a 480, newer technology, lower power, more overclocking headroom, and an all around more advanced card.  If you see a 390 for under $180, then yeah, grab it.

the forum retard is telling me i'm under-educated on something, fun
Roundel Wrote:ok guys i just bought a computer this is what its made of:

Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card

Nice PC
<t></t>