Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: Maxwell_Edisonwhat is the deal with "agender" and other stupid genders
Like, that and people who are like 'oh i feel like a girl/boy today' and change it up?  these are often the same people who go like "Gender is a social construct!" or something

My main reasoning is, why don't they just use their biological sex and dress however the fuck they want? especially if they're "agender".

Like, gasp, I get it - you don't identify as  "agender".  Why don't you stop being a retarded little special snowflake and labeling yourself, and just go by your biological, scientific sex, if you care so little/identify so little with your gender?  Same can go for people who are prone to "feeling" like a different gender, just get some consistency

I've always been a person of science, so I've never agreed with this stuff.  IMO there can only ever be Female, Male, or Trans, as those are rock solid identities
anything else is just stupid.  Not from a 'har im intolerant" perspective but purely from a logical reasoning perspective - it makes no sense to identify as no gender when that means there is no real reason to not just use your biological sex as an anchor point for realistic answers.

i know everyone here will probably agree with me being Ironnoob, even like iiboharz and donnies catch probablllly will agree with me, i was just watching one of those cringe compilations with vine kids complaining nobody gets their agender/multi-gender shit so it inspired me to create this thread

like fuck it if i ever wear a dress im just gonna own up to it and still label myself a guy because i'm more advanced in social equality than the people who claim gender is a social construct while still abiding by it via labels are
[Image: Rxemyqh.gif]
[glow=yellow,2,300][shadow=yellow,left]My gender Is Ottercookie 8)[/shadow][/glow]
i think agender makes sense, because it means you don't really conform to a particular gender. it's essentially androgynism.

the other genders are pretty bullshit, though.

also, what's dumb is when people insist you call them by bullshit pronouns - like xhi or some shit.

also otherkin.

otherkin are fucking retarded.
<t></t>
also about gender being a social construct, i'd say that it's mostly biological, but there are societal elements surrounding it. gender roles exist as a result of biology, but there are cultures that have differing ideas of gender.

in short gender isn't a social construct, but a lot of that which surrounds one's gender is sociological.

it's actually quite interesting how gender roles came about.

men are inherently more expendable, so we do stuff like hunting and fighting, because it doesn't matter to the tribe as a whole if we die.

women are very vital to the tribe, and so do tasks like raising the children and looking after the home.

for example:

let's say there are 2 tribes at war, of 100 people each.

tribe A's women fight in their wars, so they have a combined strength of 100 warriors.

tribe B's women stay at home, whilst the men fight, so they have a combined strength of 50 warriors.

let's say that tribe A lose 30 warriors, 15 of which are men, and 15 of which are women.

tribe B lose 40 of their warriors, and 10 of their men return home.

so,

tribe A: 70 people, 35 men, 35 women.
tribe B: 60 people, 10 men, 50 women.

now, let's say that each woman will provide 2 children by the end of 20 months.

after 20 months,

tribe A: 140 people, 35 men, 35 women, 70 children.
tribe B: 160 people, 10 men, 50 women, 100 children.

tribe B can train the children and end up with 110 warriors, whereas tribe A can only end up with 105 warriors.
<t></t>
Arch_Mage Wrote:i think agender makes sense, because it means you don't really conform to a particular gender. it's essentially androgynism.

>my whole point about agender being retarded because they might as well use biological sex
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:
Arch_Mage Wrote:i think agender makes sense, because it means you don't really conform to a particular gender. it's essentially androgynism.

>my whole point about agender being retarded because they might as well use biological sex

but

if they don't conform to one gender in particular

why should they have to conform to one? ._.
<t></t>
i have a friend who has done an in depth study about otherkin.
its basically, in short, and in layman's terms, a way of the brain to handle coping with being transgender without the person actually realizing or wanting to be.
they find themselves in something different that they like a lot because what they are right now is something they don't like or want, and possibly even hurts them mentally.

to the amount of different genders and orientations, a lot of them are redundant for the most part, but have that one slight difference. This is because, for example, a person likes X, and Y, which would make gender A, but this person also likes Z, which is a more specific and uncommon aspect to like, which makes gender B. Gender B would be the so called "special snowflake gender", and would often be a gender complained about by people.

What I see under this, as someone who considers themselves progressive, is a person trying to easier explain themselves, and find others who feel alike, through a gender tag.
i think that the common complaint of these people "wanting to feel special" is actually really untrue, but is still excusable because its usually the easiest way to see this situation as, without any actual knowledge behind gender studies.

im actually reeeeeeeeeeeaally informative about this stuff, but the Blockland Forum is extremely rightist, so I never really had the chance to voice myself about this, as theyre a thick wall of "GENDERS ARE FUCKIGN STUPID"

[/hr]

edit:
gender is something that you find yourself as, not something you have from your birth like your sex.
yes, someone can be male and dress feminine, and the other day dress masculine. and call themselves genderfluid or agender or nonbinary (from the top of my head).
this is why they go under their own tags

edit2:
by the way, this isnt being "a sciencey person" this is being rightist. gender is actually linked to a particular area in the brain, and has actually been studied on. its not just a magical thingy in someones mind.
all youre saying with male, female, and trans, is just called sex. like those are literally just the sexes. you even got that bit wrong, because theres just male and female.

[Image: 3UI47Ou.png]

[Image: 8fWlfik.png]

Bringing up the sexes when talking about gender is like the dumbest thing to do because the two are absolutely not the same.
Arch_Mage Wrote:
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:

but

do you know what biological sex is you blithering retard?  It's not gender.  It's what fucking genitals you have.  I swear to god you're dumber than Chase.  He's annoying but I'm sure you're twice as stupid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex

I'm saying if they don't identify as a gender, the only logical thing is to not confuse people and use their BIOLOGICAL SEX.  Do you get that now that you've been educated in what "sex" is?
Donnies Catch Wrote:i have a friend who has done an in depth study about otherkin.
its basically, in short, and in layman's terms, a way of the brain to handle coping with being transgender without the person actually realizing or wanting to be.
they find themselves in something different that they like a lot because what they are right now is something they don't like or want, and possibly even hurts them mentally.

to the amount of different genders and orientations, a lot of them are redundant for the most part, but have that one slight difference. This is because, for example, a person likes X, and Y, which would make gender A, but this person also likes Z, which is a more specific and uncommon aspect to like, which makes gender B. Gender B would be the so called "special snowflake gender", and would often be a gender complained about by people.

What I see under this, as someone who considers themselves progressive, is a person trying to easier explain themselves, and find others who feel alike, through a gender tag.
i think that the common complaint of these people "wanting to feel special" is actually really untrue, but is still excusable because its usually the easiest way to see this situation as, without any actual knowledge behind gender studies.

im actually reeeeeeeeeeeaally informative about this stuff, but the Blockland Forum is extremely rightist, so I never really had the chance to voice myself about this, as theyre a thick wall of "GENDERS ARE FUCKIGN STUPID"

[/hr]

edit:
gender is something that you find yourself as, not something you have from your birth like your sex.
yes, someone can be male and dress feminine, and the other day dress masculine. and call themselves genderfluid or agender or nonbinary (from the top of my head).
this is why they go under their own tags

edit2:
by the way, this isnt being "a sciencey person" this is being rightist. gender is actually linked to a particular area in the brain, and has actually been studied on. its not just a magical thingy in someones mind.

so basically a convoluted mess where gender is more of a nametag/interests finder than identification
basically what I thought from the start.  Thanks for the further information.

so my opinion remains the same, genders are a stupid 'tag' that are shameful in how re-purposed they are from traditional definition

"its not just a magical thingy in someones mind."
considering what you said in the main post that sort of seems conflicting
I'm not even a rightist, i'm a loose cannon when it comes to supporting right/left, lol

thinking a generic interests tag is a shameful usage of "gender" shouldn't be a "rightist" quality, don't bring political shit into this lol
Gender has nothing for me.  I don't want to know someone's gender.  If I want to fuck em, I want to know their biological sex, if I want to be friends with them, I don't give a shit about their gender.  Truly this should be more of a progressive standpoint than anything else, but whatever

edit:
"all youre saying with male, female, and trans, is just called sex. like those are literally just the sexes. you even got that bit wrong, because theres just male and female."

no what I didn't mean trans is a sex lmfao, I meant that trans is the only gender identity I'm willing to accept as something that exists.
I do hope you're not holding my anti-genders view against me considering you're literally explaining it as a social tag, that's as useless as it gets.
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:
Arch_Mage Wrote:
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:

but

do you know what biological sex is you blithering retard?  It's not gender.  It's what fucking genitals you have.  I swear to god you're dumber than Chase.  He's annoying but I'm sure you're twice as stupid.

I'm saying if they don't identify as a gender, the only logical thing is to not confuse people and use their BIOLOGICAL SEX.  Do you get that now that you've been educated in what "sex" is?

i'm not being an idiot - you're just being closeminded

if you don't feel like a man or a woman, why should you have to tell everyone you're one of them? that doesn't make any fucking sense
<t></t>
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:no what I didn't mean trans is a sex lmfao, I meant that trans is the only gender identity I'm willing to accept as something that exists.

trans isn't a gender identity, it's the state of having a gender different to your biological sex dude
<t></t>
Arch_Mage Wrote:
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:
Arch_Mage Wrote:
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:

but

if you don't feel like a man or a woman, why should you have to tell everyone you're one of them? that doesn't make any fucking sense

yes you are being an idiot lol
because you don't have to identify as a fucking gender to have the common courtesy to not be a piece of shit cringebag and just tell people what you biologically are
it's basically just rude at that point.

that's. my whole. fucking point.
If they don't feel like a gender then they should just revert back to biological scientific sex.  There's no fucking reason for them to give a shit about being agender.
who hurt you that makes you hate this so much?
theyre breaking the shackles that bound the LGBTQ+ community to male and female, allowing them even more righteous freedom in defining and expressing themselves. why should someone that feels like X hold this back and be Y just because someone who doesn't feel or understand it finds it confusing.

i dont know why you just decided to be so black and white on this either. its not JUST a nametag/interest, not even close. Its what people identify as and live like. the label is only to express themselves with, and to rejoice with people who feel the same. LGBTQ+ is a lonely and scary world, cis people do not understand this and never will.

genders are far from stupid. may there be many more, and may it spread across the entire world. people are not binary and have never been, we are all different in our own way. lets be progressive and realize this, if we truly want freedom.

my main post is also not conflicting, i dont know what you mean by that

Edit:
Arch_Mage is right, and since youre saying things like "Cringebag", i cant help take you serious. LGBTQ+ isnt cringe, dude. people fucking died over this, and still do.

Edit2:
To adress Agender, or Genderneutral, it means you dont feel male or female. basically nonbinary. you dont conform to either standards typically and perform and express freely. this counts for the biological sexes as well.
It didn't take that long for this topic to go from a conversation to "why are you so hateful for having a different opinion"

Quote:theyre breaking the shackles that bound the LGBTQ+ community to male and female, allowing them even more righteous freedom in defining and expressing themselves. why should someone that feels like X hold this back and be Y just because someone who doesn't feel or understand it finds it confusing.

THE CRINGE IS STRONG IN THIS ONE
Labels are stupid as fuck to begin with

You say "genders are far from stupid" but you've yet to provide a good reason for that other than wanting more ways to express yourself in stupid useless ways

I'm all about expression but really, taking traditional genders and going "haha fuck this im making my own shit" is a stupid way to mix things up, and it's not progressive to think that. 

edit
Donnies Catch Wrote:Edit:
Arch_Mage is right, and since youre saying things like "Cringebag", i cant help take you serious. LGBTQ+ isnt cringe, dude. people fucking died over this, and still do.

Edit2:
To adress Agender, or Genderneutral, it means you dont feel male or female. basically nonbinary. you dont conform to either standards typically and perform and express freely. this counts for the biological sexes as well.

You're one to talk for taking things seriously, lol

if you don't conform to either standards then why don't you stop giving a shit and just use your biological sex

If we lived in a truly fucking progressive world, you mental asshats, gender would be obsolete.  People go "oh abolish gender norms!" and pretend it's "progressive".
The only outcome is no genders.  For gender norms to be abolished, genders need to fuck off.  Truly, when it becomes OK for men to be entirely female-acting and vice versa without discrimination, the need for the two genders will stop existing, and every other one will be unneeded.
That or it will just be a stupid social tag or something, like a vestigial limb. 
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:
Arch_Mage Wrote:
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:
Arch_Mage Wrote:
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:

but

because you don't have to identify as a fucking gender to have the common courtesy to not be a piece of shit cringebag and just tell people what you biologically are

If they don't feel like a gender then they should just revert back to biological scientific sex.  There's no fucking reason for them to give a shit about being agender.

wat

and you say you're not right-wing? ,___,

"grr, you're an idiot for suggesting that maybe people don't have to conform to my narrow world view"

gender dysphoria is a genuine psychological thing - it isn't just something these people are making up.

yes, shit like using dumb pronouns is annoying, and giving themselves weird gender names is annoying. but the actual nature of being agender and associating yourself with being agender isn't bullshit, it's a genuine thing.
<t></t>
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:It didn't take that long for this topic to go from a conversation to "why are you so hateful for having a different opinion"
maybe look at the way youre responding to the discussion. im sorry but you have absolutely no respect for anything i have spoken for and im honestly not willing to continue this. i have said enough.
Arch_Mage Wrote:
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:
Arch_Mage Wrote:
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:
Arch_Mage Wrote:
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:

but

wat

and you say you're not right-wing? ,___,

"grr, you're an idiot for suggesting that maybe people don't have to conform to my narrow world view"

gender dysphoria is a genuine psychological thing - it isn't just something these people are making up.

yes, shit like using dumb pronouns is annoying, and giving themselves weird gender names is annoying. but the actual nature of being agender and associating yourself with being agender isn't bullshit, it's a genuine thing.

no shit captain obvious, it's a real thing.  That doesn't make the concept of genders stupid.  In a perfectly equal world, genders shouldn't exist.  As there would be no difference between "genders", therefore sex would reign supreme

my way of equality is too advanced for the average joe it seems
Donnies Catch Wrote:
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:It didn't take that long for this topic to go from a conversation to "why are you so hateful for having a different opinion"
maybe look at the way youre responding to the discussion. im sorry but you have absolutely no respect for anything i have spoken for and im honestly not willing to continue this. i have said enough.

I respect and believe everything in your first post.  But your first post did a terrible job at making genders seem useful.

Donnies Catch Wrote:to the amount of different genders and orientations, a lot of them are redundant for the most part, but have that one slight difference. This is because, for example, a person likes X, and Y, which would make gender A, but this person also likes Z, which is a more specific and uncommon aspect to like, which makes gender B. Gender B would be the so called "special snowflake gender", and would often be a gender complained about by people.

this does a shitty job at explaining gender as anything other than a cringy social construct.

If your posts were intended to make me think genders aren't stupid, you should of explained them in a way that wasn't basically "lol yeah they're stupid, but freedom of expression!"

Donnies Catch Wrote:who hurt you that makes you hate this so much?
theyre breaking the shackles that bound the LGBTQ+ community to male and female, allowing them even more righteous freedom in defining and expressing themselves. why should someone that feels like X hold this back and be Y just because someone who doesn't feel or understand it finds it confusing.

i dont know why you just decided to be so black and white on this either. its not JUST a nametag/interest, not even close. Its what people identify as and live like. the label is only to express themselves with, and to rejoice with people who feel the same. LGBTQ+ is a lonely and scary world, cis people do not understand this and never will.

how do you not see this conflict?  You're flaunting it as "freedom of expression" then saying it's "not just a nametag/interest"

but what do I know?  I'm just a cis white heterosexual male right-winger
(Except obviously not even remotely that.)

Your argument has been an appeal to emotion, basically.  There's been no useful information in it.  There are valid reasons to keep things simplistic with a two-gender system,  representing more easily discovered biological sex and just not having a convoluted system.  Your only responses have been buttblasting me with things that imply it's a stupid but yet somehow good system.
yea thats why i wrote multiple posts re-explaining as you misunderstood.
not to mention youre the definition right now of closeminded rightist right now. and youre incredibly annoying to talk with with the amount you swear.
please read what i said again, youre not understanding it.
Maxwell_Edison Wrote:no shit captain obvious, it's a real thing.  That doesn't make the concept of genders stupid.  In a perfectly equal world, genders shouldn't exist.  As there would be no difference between "genders", therefore sex would reign supreme

my way of equality is too advanced for the average joe it seems

gender exists as a result of psychological processes and as a result of society. it will always exist.

there will never be a 'truly equal' world, as humans are by nature different. (equal rights is a different matter however.)

you're saying "ohh there should be no difference between genders :/" and at the same time saying that people should conform to what you think is right? ._.

wtf even are you
<t></t>