Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: Dartzi bought a supercharger for my frs
i have a 2013 scion fr-s if u didn't know, for the non-car ppl here, here's a picture of what it looked like when i first got it:

[Image: xOrtLFi.png]

anyway I bought a rotrex c30-94 supercharger for it. i'm RLY excited, cuz it's making me go from the slowest car in the squad to the fastest. 

here's a dyno from another car with the exact setup - i'm expecting around a 260-280whp output. with a car that weighs 2700 pounds - yes it's going to be fucking zippy!!!

[Image: Z6oblQs.png]
what’s the point if it’s close to useless under 4k rpm?
(12-06-2017, 05:10 AM)unimproved Wrote: what’s the point if it’s close to useless under 4k rpm?

140whp @ 4,000 rpm is useless?? 180 lb ft. of low-end torque is quite enough for the car's weight. that's more than an e46 m3 lol.
A supercharger huh wow your phone will never run out of battery now
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Roundel for this post:
  • daetj, Maxwell_Edison, Ottercookies2
(12-06-2017, 06:14 AM)Dartz Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 05:10 AM)unimproved Wrote: what’s the point if it’s close to useless under 4k rpm?

140whp @ 4,000 rpm is useless?? 180 lb ft. of low-end torque is quite enough for the car's weight. that's more than an e46 m3 lol.

no i mean like there's close to no difference vs stock 

also i drive a diesel with 350nm at like 2000rpm
i'd say around a 15% increase in torque under ~4k is still good. obviously yes the supercharger shines at higher rpms, but if you're out on a track you're not going to be under 4k much way anyway
i had it installed today, and about 20 seconds into my first drive after installing it the serpentine belt got thoroughly rekt, half of it got ripped to shreds. we're thinking manufacturer defect so it should be replaced under warranty, but yeah i limped it 60 miles home with 5/7 of the prongs remaining on the belt. i have to keep it under 4k until they replace it, so i have this rly fast nice car that I can't be vroom vroom with =(
shoulda stuck with forza
Why not order a gates racing belt? Will be more resistant of slip and stronger.
(01-24-2018, 02:43 PM)777-300ER Wrote: Why not order a gates racing belt? Will be more resistant of slip and stronger.

u mean like this, now shredded, gates racing belt?

[Image: j936juw.jpg]
Fucking rip a shit.
couldnt handle the mad boost ;;
you want a good laugh? so, a week before the supercharger install I took my car to a local shop (not the same shop that did the install) and told them to do a routine maintenance check up on my car. i wanted to make sure it was in good condition, so the boost wouldn’t blow the motor.

one of the things they mentioned was that my serpentine belt had a crack on it. okay, so I paid them $240 for them to replace the belt and replace the cabin air filter.

well, after the supercharger install I realized it came with a new serpentine belt anyway (the aforementioned gates belt), to connect the SC to the engine. so getting the stock belt replaced was a complete waste of money, and I’m still ending up with serpentine belt issues

i paid $240 for a cabin air filter. ;~;
It’s a car what do u expect
Why didn't you do it yourself? Those cars are easy to work on unless it's something like spark plugs.
(01-25-2018, 11:51 AM)777-300ER Wrote: Why didn't you do it yourself? Those cars are easy to work on unless it's something like spark plugs.

the serpentine belt? because originally I had brought the car in to do spark plugs, but I'm pretty sure they realized how much of a bitch it was so they refused to do it (said they were "okay" and didn't need changing until 100k miles, when you change them at 60k. my mileage is 60k) and then they mentioned the serpentine belt and filter. So i was just like fuck it, whatever, already pissed off that they were changing their mind about doing the plugs and just had them do it to be done with it. I was also on a deadline b/c I had to have the car ready for the SC install in the next few days.
You really should use a step colder plug with forced induction. Probably should find a different shop or look up some clever diy techniques and do it yourself.
whats a step colder plug? lol
Did
U end up fixing it
yeah we replaced the belt with an identical one and it's good so far

the car absolutely rips its amazing

its a vq killer

https://twitter.com/frs_liam/status/956735513242738688

heres a shitty video with a 1st and 2nd gear pull, but i'd like to take a proper video with some nice long pulls soon