Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: stereomonoIs everyone depressed now or is it just me?
I've noticed in the last few years that people have become sadder and more depressed. Every other person I know in my Steam friends list is depressed and I know a bunch of people in real life that have also become sad as well, honestly. I don't remember it being this bad back in 2011 or 2012, has something happened to make waves of sadness go across the country or is it just the communities I surround myself in?
I'M PICKLE RICK!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Stereofriend for this post:
  • Ottercookies2
well i know i certainly am

how old were you in 2011? could be that you're an adult now and all your friends are adult now and realizing that existence is terrible
[Image: Rxemyqh.gif]
(11-20-2017, 05:49 AM)stereomono Wrote:
(11-20-2017, 04:46 AM)Maxwell_Edison Wrote: well i know i certainly am

how old were you in 2011? could be that you're an adult now and all your friends are adult now and realizing that existence is terrible

14, now I am 21

welcome to adulthood
I'm the least depressed I've ever been in my life
I don't want to disappoint you
I am progressively getting better tbh. I'm the happiest I've been in a long time. My main stressors at the moment is handling my transition from adolescence to adulthood as well as I can. I worry a lot about how I spend my money, the decisions I make, and what I should prioritize. I worry about relationships, platonic and romantic. I worry about being alone through all of this. I worry a fucking ton about sabotaging myself because to be honest, I have no fucking clue what I want half the time. I struggle with what feels good and what I think is right and it's a constant battle with a lot of variables that are question marks.

Generally though, I'm hopeful about the future. I'm just trying to keep moving forward.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Nutsnbolts for this post:
  • Maxwell_Edison
i think Im just more at Peace with Life Being a bowl of Sloppey Ass, Now I eatl that Bowl of Sloppey Ass  like its Filet Minione
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ottercookies2 for this post:
  • daetj
probably just confirmation bias. i'm definitely a lot better than where I was a few years ago.
yaa when im depressed it seeems like its the norm. when im not it doesn't seem like its the norm. ive been good since about may now but for the 3 yrs before that it felt like everyone was
winter is a sad season for me
(11-23-2017, 10:42 AM)wukong Wrote: winter is a sad season for me

Take 4000 IU of vitamin D.
You also need to consider the fact that we live in a society where people around our age all seem to be almost glorifying others as well as their own mental health issues which may create a warped perception of our community here in your mind because of little things that naturally lead you to think we are all depressed because generational influences as a whole are tugging on strings in the back of your head.

This is a hell of a sentence but I feel like that idea flowed out like that so changing it for grammatical purposes would be almost a personal treason.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Nutsnbolts for this post:
  • Maxwell_Edison
It's not healthy to spend most of your free time in your room.
(11-25-2017, 03:09 PM)Stereofriend Wrote: It's not healthy to spend most of your free time in your room.

i did it for 14 years and im fine
(11-25-2017, 06:19 PM)wukong Wrote:
(11-25-2017, 03:09 PM)Stereofriend Wrote: It's not healthy to spend most of your free time in your room.

I wouldn't regard one that makes substandard CS:GO edits to be fine.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Stereofriend for this post:
  • Maxwell_Edison
(11-25-2017, 09:16 PM)Stereofriend Wrote:

unnecessary diss :(
(11-25-2017, 09:16 PM)Stereofriend Wrote:

O O F  
Tbh stay in your room and fucking play video games and be happy. Bad shit happens when you go out and you get in situations and shit. Sometimes I got on weekend benders with friends and if I had internet I'd be more happy playing csgo all weekend instead of spending $400 and doing a bunch of hard drugs and dumb shit.

Or maybe just develop good friends? But either way complications arrive. A lot of my relationships become drug related, fall apart, I end up fucking them, shit like that and it becomes drama. All of which could be avoided if I just played video games a lot and worked. If you want friends, get good makes friends that enjoy shit like hiking and bowling.
(11-29-2017, 03:43 PM)Nutsnbolts Wrote: Tbh stay in your room and fucking play video games and be happy. Bad shit happens when you go out and you get in situations and shit. Sometimes I got on weekend benders with friends and if I had internet I'd be more happy playing csgo all weekend instead of spending $400 and doing a bunch of hard drugs and dumb shit.

Or maybe just develop good friends? But either way complications arrive. A lot of my relationships become drug related, fall apart, I end up fucking them, shit like that and it becomes drama. All of which could be avoided if I just played video games a lot and worked. If you want friends, get good makes friends that enjoy shit like hiking and bowling.

I suggest you listen to this.

or maybe you can just like read political/philosophy books (ie smell your farts) and uh lift or something then convince yourself that builds character.
(11-29-2017, 03:43 PM)Nutsnbolts Wrote: Tbh stay in your room and fucking play video games and be happy. Bad shit happens when you go out and you get in situations and shit. Sometimes I got on weekend benders with friends and if I had internet I'd be more happy playing csgo all weekend instead of spending $400 and doing a bunch of hard drugs and dumb shit.

funnily enough today i was talking to my friends, i suggested we all have a group call tonight
one of them made fun of me for wanting to have a group call on a friday night, and told me to find a motive

the thing is, i didn't exactly know what a motive was - so when i asked what it was i got made fun of even more lol
i stated that i enjoyed being antisocial sometimes, but i got told i'm comfortable with being antisocial, and i didn't necessarily enjoy it

but i disagree with that statement. the original plans with my friends (all of them aside from me smoke weed; after hearing your stories and seeing my own brother getting roasted by my parents after they found out he smoked weed, it heavily put me off - and its one of the few things my friends were understanding of) was to go down to camden and get one of them to steal a bong 

why would i want to take part in that? i'd rather just stay at home and play some video games than get involved with criminal activity

but apparently that's me being antisocial, a pussy and not willing to leave my comfort zone. fair be it, but i prefer to stay level headed. i find that i NEED some days where i'm anti-social; i feel like it keeps me sane in the long term rather than insane, because i don't have to deal with other people's bullshit. i see being antisocial as a break from my friends' imperfections that sometimes genuinely annoy me to the point i want to voice my anger 

but i hate starting beef, and more so keeping beef going.

maybe it's time to find new friends
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to wukong for this post:
  • Maxwell_Edison