Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[serious] who is the most priveleged on IN?
maxwell got me thinking, who is the most privileged person on ironnoob?

since we all mostly live with our parents, post ur parent's income and occupation in the format below. include a conversion to usd/gbp for our folks across the pond. i think itll be cool to see the wealth diversity across all the different IN members.

mother: marketing
income: $160,000/yr

(step) father: marketing
income: $130,000/yr

total household income: $290,000/yr (or £216,775)

****since this is a [serious] thread im deleting joke or off topic replies
My dad makes 7 fifty and my mom makes like 3 or 4,
(12-26-2017, 11:16 PM)Roundel Wrote: My dad makes 7 fifty and my mom makes like 3 or 4,

is this a joke reply? if so i wish u would pay attention to my serious tag

if its a real reply, can u format it as listed above
I’m gona level with u I don’t think it’s a good idea to post ur parents income online
My dad makes 54,000$ a year, and is an HVAC technician.
My mom very occasionally does small jobs, not really notable 
We had to spend a significant chunk of money for me to fly up, and get open heart surgery out-of-state.

Man Dartz that's a shitton of money, you are legit privileged as fuck if your parents make that, upper end of upper class shit, damn.
I always like to have the mindset that I'm privileged because I know that I have a lot of luxury compared to a lot of people,
but with how wealthy your family is + the fact you own a hosting company and shit, dartz you are legit the spoiled rich kid of IN lmfao. I'd be legitimately surprised if anyone on IN's family makes even remotely close to your parents income.
[Image: 929bfaccc0e130bd8fdb925412a227f2.png]
my mom was a stay at home mom til a few years ago. don't really know how much my dad makes. they had 9 kids tho, so money was always tight growing up
I don't want to disappoint you
Bit different for me because my parents aren't together.

My mum is like an assistant manager at a supermarket, fuck knows how much she makes. My dad runs his own company and pays himself about $67,000 from that although (npt bad since he works like 4 hours a day) I know that if he chose not to reinvest into the business as much it could be a lot higher
From the point I became aware of money onward my mom was making 100k a year until around 2008 where it started going down hill with the economy. She makes maybe 38k a year now or so? I haven't lived with my parents In any real sense since August 2016 (my mom moved and I was living with my dad/sister/friends scratching up what I could to get by)

At the moment I'm making a liveable income but I'm not rich by any means. Thankfully I don't have much in terms of bills.
I think like less than 20k a year now

I have a part time min wage job but they give me less than 5 hours a week now
(12-27-2017, 09:55 AM)Roundel Wrote: I’m gona level with u I don’t think it’s a good idea to post ur parents income online

yah ur the same guy who doesnt want to be in the IN group on facebook because u dont want to "be associated" with that

it's obnoxious how our opinions on online privacy have reversed
(12-27-2017, 02:24 PM)Nutsnbolts Wrote: From the point I became aware of money onward my mom was making 100k a year until around 2008 where it started going down hill with the economy. She makes maybe 38k a year now or so? I haven't lived with my parents In any real sense since August 2016 (my mom moved and I was living with my dad/sister/friends scratching up what I could to get by)

At the moment I'm making a liveable income but I'm not rich by any means. Thankfully I don't have much in terms of bills.

100k/yr in 2008? that's insane isn't that? like, you live in nc or something - isn't cost of living super low? were u living like kings back then?
(12-27-2017, 06:58 PM)Dartz Wrote:
(12-27-2017, 02:24 PM)Nutsnbolts Wrote: From the point I became aware of money onward my mom was making 100k a year until around 2008 where it started going down hill with the economy. She makes maybe 38k a year now or so? I haven't lived with my parents In any real sense since August 2016 (my mom moved and I was living with my dad/sister/friends scratching up what I could to get by)

100k/yr in 2008? that's insane isn't that? like, you live in nc or something - isn't cost of living super low? were u living like kings back then?
It's even more insane when you consider the fact that she dropped out of school and left home at 16. She was making that salary with just a GED. She was very good at what she did though. 

We were living pretty good. At the time my mom was trying to buy a massive ranch house on like 13 acres.
(12-28-2017, 05:04 AM)Nutsnbolts Wrote:
(12-27-2017, 06:58 PM)Dartz Wrote:

It's even more insane when you consider the fact that she dropped out of school and left home at 16. She was making that salary with just a GED. She was very good at what she did though. 

We were living pretty good. At the time my mom was trying to buy a massive ranch house on like 13 acres.

i feel like $40k/yr in NC would still allow you to get a massive ranch house with 13 acres
mum:
salary: ~12k

dad:
salary: ~16k

fok u
(12-28-2017, 03:07 PM)wukong Wrote: mum:

dad:

fok u

thought people got paid more in london

dad:

fok u

is this usd or gbp
(12-29-2017, 01:47 AM)Dartz Wrote:

dad:

fok u

is this usd or gbp

I hope it’s gbp for waimans sake cos that’d be ridiculous otherwise
I have 3.3 ethereum coins
I like how their flat out aren't any contenders to Liam's privilege levels tbh
[Image: 929bfaccc0e130bd8fdb925412a227f2.png]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Maxwell_Edison for this post:
  • Jordan
Mum:
70k Something in a multinational freight company
Dad:
50k Insurance Handler for a canadian trucking company

Me:
50k junior dev
Buying a house for my bro, my gf and myself.